Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lara Dutta Chalo Dilli Movie 2011


Directed by Shashant Shah, This movie is a journey film that showcases India, through the relationship of this mismatched couple and ends with a surprise twist.

Chalo Dilli stars Vinay Pathak and 32 years Bollywood Pregnant Actress Lara Dutta in the lead.

She said that, “the unusual cast is the USP for small films and it helps lure audience into the theaters.”

"If I have to remember an unusual star cast I would say Wake Up Sid that had Ranbir Kapoor and Konkana Sen. In our film as well, Vinay and me come from different film backgrounds... what sparks audience's interest is the reason why we have been paired. It acts as the USP of such films."

"Generally the audience wants to see an unusual star cast. A question of why only these two actors were chosen for the film and what is their purpose in the film. Also, it is an added plus point for me when I got to know that Vinay is acting in it.I wanted to work with him."

"I don't know who is there in a cameo role, there could be anyone - Mahesh Bhupathi or Akshay Kumar... who knows."

"I play Mihika Banerjee. I will describe her as an upper class elite, completely obsessively compulsive disordered perfectionist. She finds herself on a journey with Manu Gupta (Vinay) who is a Chandni Chowk resident, running a sari shop in Karol Bagh. He is a burping, farting, pan chewing lower middle class sort of a man."

Chalo Dilli Release Date – 19th April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment